Vegas Spring Market 2019
Going to Market is an exciting "thing" to do for Boutique Owners. Here's my personal thoughts on Market.
Picture this, Black Friday with Thousands of women for 3 days in a row for 9 hours a day. I'm sure some of you are thinking absolutely sign me up, but that's not typically how I like to shop. I like to have a warm coffee in my hand, be surrounded by people I love, and take my time to make my purchase. Yeah, that's not how market works at all.
After 3 days and 532 Pictures Later it's really hard recalling what you purchased and making sure you didn't buy something when you were Hangry or making sure you didn't miss a new Trend.
So why go to Market, you are probably asking yourself? I have to remind myself every time I go of the Pros and Cons.
- Hundreds of Vendors all in one city to pick from
- A chance to feel and examine the product quality
- Meeting the Designers
- Finding the most Unique piece for your Store
- Meeting other Store Owners if the opportunity arises
- The Vendors Have Loads of Chocolate and Potato Chips at their Stands
- Seeing new Fashion Trends in person
- Thousands of women all shopping at the same time
- Thousands of women wearing way too much perfume and hairspray in one building.
- All the Chocolate you eat makes you realize a trip to the Dentist is on the agenda when you get home!
- My Personal Favorite is Vendors Telling me what I should buy because it's what everyone else is doing. For those of you who know me personally, I am a strong willed Woman who likes to come to my own conclusions. You can't make me ride the roller coaster or go do something because that's what everyone else is doing. Thanks for trying though.
Looking back on our Spring Market Trip, it was very successful and the days blend together. I am very Blessed to have my husband by my side so I don't get lost in the craziness and he knows when to make sure I take a break to regroup. We even took our Niece Courtney to help cover more ground this trip. Courtney helped add humor to the Flash Flood we experienced in Vegas and the 10 min stomach turning elevator ride we had to take. Oh and the time we forgot she didn't know where she was going and she had to run up the down escalator to get off. All great memories and that's what life is, memories and the experiences we go through to make those memories.
It's a trip that while very stressful is very necessary for my Store...I just need to hit the dentist and the gym before the next market.